Little Man has the smallest bedroom in the house and the most toys too, so to solve this conundrum many of his toys especially his Lego City and Star Wars models are in the playroom. Above is a flavour of what can be found in his bedroom, Little Man is happiest playing with his toys and I’ve never known a child so creative in playing, he finds a joy in every single toy he has. It is never a problem deciding what gift to buy for him, he will love everything and just in case you’re stuck he always has a long list of things he would like, he studies the window in our local toy shop intently.
- Little Man has always loved our emergency services and has a wide variety of vehicles in his collection. However the fire service has always been a favourite and he has always had many fire engines in his toy collection, he has grown out of Fireman Sam but still loves this engine, kindly donated by a neighbour.
- This is a picture of Little Man’s Zombling collection, he will collect anything, his current collections include Sainsburys’ Lego cards, Match Attax cards and Spy cards. He loves his collections and will behave so well on shopping trips to get a reward.
- These are Little Man’s favourite soft toys, Rainbow from the Skyline gang at Butlins and Colin the (Spanish ) Minion. Both were bought with holiday pocket money and guard a sleeping Little Man in his bed.
- Little Man loves listening to his radio, he falls asleep listening to it and he switches it on as soon as he wakes up. Interestingly his radio station of choice is Gold with all the music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. He loves a little groove too.
- This is only a small selection of Little Man’s Star Wars toys, he reads his books avidly and studies all the vehicles and characters. He has lots of Lego Star Wars models in the playroom but the instruction books are in his bedroom for him to look through at bedtime.
- Little Man has an impressive talent and interest in jigsaws, he has an eye for shapes and how they fit together and will happily do one with daddy ( jigsaws are one activity I delegate!)
- This is one of Little Man’s book boxes. He and daddy are working their way through this Roald Dahl book set. Little Man’s night routine of shower, teeth, pyjamas and reading is boy time with daddy and a special time for them both.
- Little Man only has this Lego box in his bedroom and figurines from Lego mini collections, however it is enough to create models and stories for the figurines. The other Lego is in the playroom where he and his sister have created an amazing Lego City, taking inspiration from the Lego shop’s stunning displays.
- The final picture is Little Man’s wooden castle and soldiers, another example of his wide and varied interests. We live near a castle which we often visit and where he has taken part in children’s activities, dressing up, learning moves with a sword and shield plenty to feed his imaginative play.
I love Little Man’s bedroom and how it reflects his interests and passions. Its a small room with a cabin bed but the space underneath gives him a space which often becomes a den, he loves to play and have little adventures.