Today I had one of those days where due to a strange alignment of events, I found myself at home alone for 24 hours! Little Man is on cub camp and Mr S has taken Little Miss to see his Dad. As Grandad is older and frailer now, Mr S only takes one child at a time to visit to make the stay a little easier. This left me with the glorious prospect of a day alone. I am never alone and to have a day to myself is such a luxury. I decided to keep Sunday morning for all the household jobs and Saturday for me. I chose not to do something big but just simple pleasures, so my day today has included …
- Listening to a Podcast and not Capital radio in my car. Its the little things..
- Park Run with no time constraints or pick ups etc.. to think about (and I got a PB)
- A shopping trip in big town. I didn’t buy much but it was just nice to potter.
- A few nice nibbles from Marks and Spencers’ food hall for tea.
- A good coffee in a café simply thinking and daydreaming.
- Treating myself to and appreciating a bunch of peonies.
- Reading the Saturday paper in bed because its comfy and indulgent. (the front cover relates to an article on male ballet dancers, in case you’re wondering about the unusual image)
- Likewise watching a film in bed in the afternoon (Crazy, Rich Asians, I loved it, a perfect romcom for my mood today)
- Enjoying a bubble bath with a relaxing playlist, a magazine, a cup of tea and no interruptions.
- Writing some blog posts without the tv being on and just my music.
- Planning, organising and writing lists (I love doing this!)
Its been a wonderfully relaxing day and I’ve enjoyed my little pleasures, of course I’m looking forward for our family being back together whilst appreciating my time alone today.