There is a popular blog post called 73 Questions doing the rounds at the moment. It’s taken from a series of Vogue videos quick firing 73 questions to celebs. I have watched a few on the website below and it is a really neat idea.
The questions are different in each video so I took mine from Running in Lavender. These are quickly typed answers to the questions
- WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
- WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Watching a documentary on assisted suicide last week.
- DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, it’s very neat and always gets compliments. I love writing in fancy coloured inks.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH?
Homemade soup with chunky, granary bread from our local bakery or avocado salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.
- INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER?
Twitter although Instagram is growing on me quickly.
- IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so.
- DO YOU BAKE?
Yes, I love to bake. Most of my Instagram follows are bakers and cake decorators.
- DO YOU LIKE FLYING?
It’s a means to an end, I like the excitement of airports.
- WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. Never, I’m not that mad.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Granola with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit.
- DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, definitely a bad habit of mine and really annoying when I have to untie and retie my laces when I go out running.
- DO YOU THINK YOU’RE STRONG?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
A local company on the seafront. The ice cream is freshly made less than a mile from our home and there is always a different flavour to choose with their amazing specialities.
- WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Bags and shoes – I’m always intrigued and can read a lot by a bag!
- RED OR PINK?
- WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My mad, crazy hair.
- WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Mr S when he is working away, my parents who live 2 hours away and my grandmothers who are both dead.
- WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS READING IT?
Gone Girl – I struggled to finish it.
- WHAT FILM MADE YOU CRY THE MOST?
- WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
- WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The Golden Hour on our local radio station.
- IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
- FAVOURITE SMELL?
- WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
- MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
- FAVOURITE SPORT TO WATCH?
Football and cricket.
- HAIR COLOUR?
- EYE COLOUR?
- PUPPIES OR KITTENS?
- FAVOURITE FOOD?
Chocolate and fresh fruit.
- SCARY FILM OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
- LAST FILM YOU WATCHED?
Alvin and the Chipmunks at the cinema with the children. How I wish this was something different!
- WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler.
- SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer, summer, summer.
- HUGS OR KISSES?
- FAVOURITE DESSERT?
- FAVOURITE ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE?
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON FACEBOOK?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRY TO VISIT?
- WHAT WAS THE LAST COUNTRY YOU VISITED?
- FAVOURITE SOUND?
My children singing and giggling. Waves lapping on the shore.
- ROLLING STONES OR THE BEATLES?
Beatles but I do love the Stones too.
- WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
- DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I like baking and decorating cakes.
- WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
- WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
At the seaside.
- FAVOURITE HITCHCOCK MOVIE?
Not sure I’ve ever seen one.
- WHAT BOOK HAVE YOU READ AGAIN AND AGAIN?
- FAVOURITE TV SERIES THAT’S ON NOW.
Call the Midwife.
- DARK CHOCOLATE OR MILK CHOCOLATE?
Milk and white.
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
Cold – Lime and soda. Hot – Hot chocolate with all the trimmings.
- WHO IS YOUR GIRL CRUSH?
- WHAT WAS THE FIRST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?
- HEELS OR FLATS?
Flats every time.
- FAVOURITE BED TIME STORY?
Any from a long list of favourites, anything by Julia Donaldson, Judith Kerr, Oliver Jeffers etc.. it’s not the book but the special feeling reading to children gives.
- BATH OR SHOWER?
A long, relaxing bubble bath but the daily reality is showers.
- WHATS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A MUM?
Guilt at not doing, listening, playing enough.
- FAVOURITE BAND?
The Beatles, Abba.
- FAVOURITE SOLO ARTIST?
61. TO BE OR NOT TO BE?
62. WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE OF YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY?
63. BEST GIFT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
My engagement ring from Mr S and a painting from my parents.
64. BEST GIFT YOU’VE EVER GIVEN?
A carriage ride in Central Park to my parents. Wisden annuals and a special collage given to Mr S.
65. FAVOURITE FRUIT?
Apples and mangos.
66. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PET?
A brown Labrador, Ben who was a little bit too frisky and had to be rehomed.
67. FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
Trivial Pursuit, especially entertainment.
68. HOW DO YOU HAVE YOUR COFFEE?
As a cappuccino in a coffee shop, I rarely drink coffee it’s a treat. Instant coffee doesn’t hit the spot.
69. BEST INVENTION?
The internet and digital devices.
70. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS?
71. BLOW DRY OR AIR DRY?
72. CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE SHAMPOO?
Whatever is on offer.
73. HOW DIFFICULT WAS IT TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Not too difficult.