Since 2018, I have been following Gretchen Rubin’s #18fror2018, #19for2019 etc.. a list of things to achieve during the year as detailed on her podcast, Happier. I have never achieved all my goals and would never put myself under pressure to do so, its a fun list, of things I would like to do and gives a nice focus to the year. I do have a hand written copy in my notebook which has lots of detail, writing in different colours and doodles but as it includes more personal information I have not photographed it and am simply noting down my list here. This year, following suggestions on the pod I have organised the list into themes.
- Fill our home with more fresh flowers.
- Create an indoor plant sanctuary.
- Sparkle with more Christmas lights
- Do a weekly power hour of fadmin (family admin)
- Wear pretty shoes (after a successful foot operation, I want to wear more than Converse pumps and trainers!)
- Try a different style or item of clothing which I would never normally wear.
- Visit different gardens and delight in multi sensory experiences.
- Go to the Fashion museum.
- Run at 5 different parkrun venues.
- Be a tourist in London with my son. (a Covid casualty for the past two years)
- Relax at the spa on as many occasions as possible!
- Use independent businesses where possible.
- Do something for others.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Only scroll on social media for 30 minutes a day.
- Secure a new job.
- Earn the parkrun red t-shirt. (Finally, after a 16 month Covid pause and a 2 month post op recovery)
- Run a half marathon.
- Celebrate the little things every day by writing a line a day.
- Print off and bind my blog entries from 2014.
- Discover a new podcast.
- Have fun ( after the past few Covid years, we need fun and lots of it!)