This blog has always been my little escape and memory treasure trove. I love reading back on entries and remembering happy times. I have been MIA recently, sometimes life is tough and February 2023 was really tough. I haven’t blogged as I simply couldn’t put the words down to try and describe what we were going through. We’re well into March now and life is slowly improving, there is still lots of work to do to support our little family, adoption raises many difficult questions, not all of which we can answer but we can be here, listening, reasoning and supporting.
Despite the challenges of the last month, there were highlights too which I didn’t want to miss recording, so here a few jottings on some of the little sparkles in February to mid March.
- A sunny Sunday morning exploring the forgotten village and local beach.
- Rediscovering the library.
- Valentines nails, treats and delights.
- A visit to Grandad’s and a Sunday lunch with the biggest Yorkshires!
- A girlie night in a hotel.
- A morning at the trampoline park.
- A visit to see Mum and Dad.
- Two trips to A&E, amazing service and care. (its been a month!)
- The highly enjoyable Rodham audiobook.
- A VIP upgrade at the bowling.
- A lovely little mooch around a local craft centre.
- parkrun volunteering.
- An improving knee injury leading to a cautious return to running.
- The 7 Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, I love Taylor Jenkins Reid books, so unputdownable.
- A Sunday morning out to a different seaside town and a cheeky second breakfast.
- The Cat in The Hat fancy dress for World Book day.
Now I’ve caught up, I hope that this has cured the writers block for my blog writing and I can return to my weekly updates. I have lots of ideas for other posts too, its just finding the time to reflect and write.