Well it wouldn’t be the new year if there wasn’t a tiny review of the year, quite simply here’s my favourite 18 things from the year …
- Film The Greatest Showman ( I’m allowing this as although it came out in late December 2017 I only saw it at the cinema in 2018)
- Book Fiction : the Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chboksy Non fiction: A Life in the Day by Hunter Davies.
- Song Anything from the greatest Showman soundtrack, Paloma Faith’s Make your Own Kind of Music and Jess Glynne I’ll be there.
- Television Strictly Come Dancing / It Takes Two
- Podcast Happier by Gretchen Rubin
- Bake Pumpkin and Ginger Cake
- Outfit Cherry red shorts, black top, flip flops and sunglasses (thanks to the heatwave of 2018, the summer rocked)
- Family Day Out Paultons Park
- Community Event : Centenary of the Armistice
- National Event : World Cup (semi finals!!!)
- Gift given : A hand carved stone of a family of 5 for a special friend on the birth of her baby
- Gift received : A Chilly bottle, its amazing for hot and cold drinks and always in my bag.
- Show : National, Wicked Local, the ballet show’s 50th anniversary performance, stunning.
- Meal out : Thai. Two different restaurants and two delicious meals.
- Radio Show : Desert Island Discs.
- Activity : Kayaking
- Family Short break / holiday : Butlins in July, sunshine, heat, activities and a spa
- School event : Christmas Concert