Being quite small and having quite wide feet, clothes and shoe shopping can be frustrating and disappointing. However, I love a bag and am always on the search for the holy grail of handbags. Buying a new handbag makes me happy and is my guilty pleasure, ‘guilty’ as I don’t always reveal the true price! My best handbags are an everyday green leather tote from Boden, I no longer use it daily as the leather is worn and battered after years and years of use but the colour, size and style were perfect and a beautiful vintage silver bag I found in a charity shop which I use for special occasions.
My current favourite is a large, navy bag from Clarks, I would prefer a better material but the size, colour and style suit me well. I also keep a small, bright bag in it which is perfect for keys, a purse and my mobile for the school run etc..
My bag is my mobile office and I try to have all I need in it. Today my bag contains
- A zip Filofax for keeping myself organised and plans. It also doubles as a card holder for loyalty cards, stamps, membership cards etc..
- A small cosmetic bag full of essentials – NYR
- A spare shopping bag – Eden Project print
- My iPhone
- A purse containing cash and my bank card- Cath Kidston
- A pencil case containing stationery essentials – Emma Bridgewater
- Water bottle, sometimes I swap this for an insulated cup if I’m likely to want a hot takeaway drink.
- Sunglasses for driving or if I feel a migraine coming on.
- My Kindle, I am often waiting for a child to finish a club and have learnt to fit in 5 minutes reading wherever I can.
I also have a pack of tissues in the bag which is missing from the photo.
My cosmetic bag is key and gets transferred to my gym bag, rucksack for days out etc.. It is my mum kit!
- Hair brush.
- Bach Rescue Remedy, because some days just become a rescue remedy kind of day.
- Hair bands, I have short hair but my daughter always needs one.
- Wet wipes.
- Inhaler for my son.
- NYR travel rollerstick, I get bad travel sickness and roll this on pulse points for journeys.
- Liz Earle face spritz to refresh my skin and a little pick me up.
- Pacifica lipstick.
- NYR defence hand spray (this is amazing, it lasts for ages and feels and smells so much nicer than the antibacterial gels)
In the summer this bag will also contain a mini bottle of sun tan lotion.
I like feeling organised and in control with a well packed bag, I can deal with problems as they arise and use any unexpected free time well. I suppose my bag is my super hero’s cape, wearing it I can do anything!