We love our little elf Tommy who is spending his 5th Christmas with us. Tommy is not a mischievous elf but one who is there to look for all the kind, friendly things the children do. Whilst he hides every night, he also writes a letter every evening telling the children all the nice things he’s seen then doing during the day. Tommy genuinely brings so much warmth and joy to our house that he is one of my favourite family traditions.
Here is week 1 of Tommy’s adventures in 2017.
1. Tommy arrived with a little gift, it’s a Christmas mug in which the four of us feature as elves. I’ve always fancied long, blonde hair but having seen myself as an elf with this look, I’ve concluded it’s not for me.
2. Today was our first festive event so Tommy brought new Christmas jumpers for us all to wear, he was hiding in the ironing basket with the new clothes.
3. Time to put up the tree today!
4. With a few lights still to put up, Tommy found himself a little tangled up.
5. Tommy was discovered reading Little Man’s reading book.
6. We have a festive mantle piece with the letters of Noel displayed. Tommy was found crawling through the o.
7. This is my favourite pose of the week, an ‘elfie’ The hat came from an Innocent bottle as part of their charity drive.
8. As one of our window displays has some winter clothing bunting, this was perfect for Tommy to hide on the clothes line.
The next instalment will follow next week …