There are some months which are beyond crazy, I present June 2016 and the reasons I would love to snuggle up in bed for the weekend (needless to say it’s not possible). This month I have spent
1. The first three days of the month at Butlins on a fabulous family break
2. Two days at Longleat, one of my favourite places for a family day out and one night in a lovely hotel.
3. A school trip to Paultons Park, I am queen of days out this month!
4. Fourteen days without our main bathroom and counting … Gutting the bathroom led to the discovery of a dangerously rotten floor and joists which led to the project being paused for essential emergency building works completed yesterday.
5. Five parties this month, including one for Queenie.
6. Two primary school music concerts.
7. One sports day amazingly completed on a rare dry afternoon (but little sunshine)
8. One interview and subsequent promotion at work, I now have an impressive title and have negotiated to remain part time.
9. One referendum and one sleepless night to discover the result (not a good idea on a school night!)
Among all this we have been to school and work and done our normal ballet, brownies, beavers, football and cricket clubs too. It’s been fun but exhausting and I’m looking forward to the summer holidays and being able to have a more relaxed schedule.