This is my monthly post on the little ways I have nourished my mind, body and soul over the past month. My nourish day was a day of simple pleasures this month, just a hairdressers appointment and a visit to a new café with a friend, activities which made me content and relaxed. This month Spring has been blossoming and many of my nourish moments embrace the new season.
- Light mornings for early morning running. My running in the winter is limited and fairly relaxed but now with the lighter mornings, I’m back to three mornings a week and a training plan.
- Lighter afternoons. Tonight the children played in the garden until 6.30pm, I love a lazy after school spent in the garden and it keeps my house tidier too 🙂
- Lunch out with my parents. My parents came down to visit on a school day, so I got to have lunch with them, its rare for only the three of us to go out together. It was a delicious meal and lovely to have the opportunity to just spend time with my parents.
- Spring vegetables. I like to eat seasonally and after the casseroles and soups of winter its been a time to start to enjoy lighter meals and salads, full of bright colours.
- Smoothies. We have a new health café in town and I’m currently working my way through their smoothie menu, all freshly made to order and delicious.
- Health Niggles. I finally went to the doctor about a little health niggle which was becoming more worrying. I had a thorough check up and have some medication to help with a plan of action for the future too. I feel much more reassured.
- Books. Until this month, my reading this year had been unusually slow and I hadn’t really found a great book. However this month, the titles I’ve read have been brilliant and I’ve often been cuddled up with a book in the evenings.