Whilst its another day of bright sunshine, I think its nearly time to say good bye to the summer of 2018, the summer of sunshine, heatwaves, flip flops, sunglasses and so many happy memories.
This was the summer when
- We stopped needing to check the weather forecast, it was hot and sunny every day and we planned outdoor events weeks in advance knowing it would be ok.
- Sports day took place on its allocated day, unlike last year’s 3 attempts.
- The grass wasn’t lush and green but yellow and straw like, running took on unusual hazards such as minding the cracks in the dry ground.
- Every item in the summer wardrobe was worn, for months no long sleeves were needed.
- The school summer uniform was revised to simply an open topped shirt and shorts, no ties.
- Everything happened on the beach, Brownies, Beavers, school lessons.
- Ice cream became a temporary food group, even better if it was a fruity flavour, thus surely counting as one of your five a day!
- We decorated our house with a St George’s cross, wore England tops and even painted patriotic nails to cheer on the football team. England made us all proud at the World cup with their young, talented and eager team. The cricket team played brilliantly too.
- Mum created the costumes for her little cat and dog in the school play, Little Miss shone on stage remembering all her lines and Little Man enjoyed singing.
- Mum, Grandma and Granfer enjoyed an alfresco lunch on a roof top with a stunning view to sea.
- The dance show rocked the town and sold out for 5 performances.
- Dabbing and flossing were key moves of the summer.
- Baby shark and 3 Lions were the ear worm songs of the season.
- We went to a festival in a field and listened to some amazing local talent.
- Mum learnt to kayak.
- We ate salad and vegetables grown in our garden by Mr S and his gardening squad.
- We screamed and shrieked on the rides at Paultons Park and Crealy.
- We splashed and squealed our way down lots of water slides at the water park.
- We rock and rolled at roller discos.
- Little Miss and Little Man went on adventures on school and Beaver camps.
- We swam at a retro inspired lido.
- Mum got a spa treat at Butlins and found the snow in a heatwave.
- We trained, played, watched and scored cricket.
- The girls sang and danced in their seats at Mamma Mia 2
- We celebrated lots of birthdays and anniversaries.
- Little Miss finally reached ear piercing age!
- Little Man and Little Miss learnt to drive Junior Segways and do the High ropes at Butlins, making a summer of thrills and spills.
- We loved exploring Cornwall, playing on the beach, walking through the dunes, swimming outdoors and enjoying ice cream sundaes and chip shop chips.
- Our hair became blonder, faces more freckled and our bodies a little browner
Summer 2018 you absolutely rocked!